No. 15/17 CLEMSON (20-6, 9-5 ACC) vs. VIRGINIA TECH (19-8, 8-6 ACC)
Date: Wednesday, Feb. 21
Tipoff: 7:06 p.m. ET
Arena: Cassell Coliseum (9,275)
Radio: CTN (Don Munson-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: RSN (Tom Werme-pbp; Jason Capel-color)
- Clemson is 15-18 all-time against Virginia Tech.
- The Tigers have won two-of-the-last five matchups with the Hokies.
- The Tigers are 6-11 on the road against the Hokies.
- Clemson sits third in the ACC in scoring defense (65.8 ppg).
- The two-game skid for Clemson is the first time the Tigers have lost back-to-back games in the regular season since nearly a year ago on Feb. 21 and Feb. 25 of 2017.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson is 15-18 all-time against Virginia Tech.
Streak: The Tigers have won two-of-the-last-five.
- The Tigers’ Elijah Thomas turned in his seventh double-double of the season and ninth of his career in a nine-point loss to Duke on Feb. 18. His 15 rebounds were one shy of tying his career mark.
- After setting his career-high with 10 points at Florida State on Feb. 14, Simms tied that total on Feb. 18 against Duke on 4-for-6 shooting from the field.
- Simms made career-best four field goals for the third game in his career.
- With one more 3-pointer against Duke, Gabe DeVoe is tied for 11th all-time in the Clemson record book for threes in a career (147).
- In the latest KenPom rankings, the Tigers are ranked Nos. 16, 7 and 52 in overall, adjusted defensive efficiency (93.4) and adjusted offensive efficiency (113.9).
- Clemson is ranked for the eighth consecutive week in the AP Top 25 poll (No. 15). Clemson is also ranked in the USA Today Coaches Poll at No. 17.
- Clemson’s RPI checks in at 10th nationally, while their SOS sits 21st.