GLENCOE, ALA. – The Limestone College women’s golf team wrapped up day two of the Chris Banister Golf Classic hosted by Jacksonville State University and heads into the clubhouse sitting at fifth place overall after carding a combined score of 314 (+26) on Monday, September 25.
Location: Robert Trent Jones Silver Lakes Course – Par-72
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- The Saints are in fifth place overall with a two-day score of 619 (+43)
- Freshman Ebba Hellman (Ronninge, Sweden) moved up to 16th on the leaderboard
- She posted the best round of the day for the Blue and Gold, firing a 77 (+5)
- Junior Eleonor Skoog (Molnlycke, Sweden) leaped into the top 20 with a 7-over 79 on Monday
- Sophomore Pilar Martinez (Malaga, Spain) improved by five strokes on day two with a 78 (+6)
- Junior Victoria Ross (Spring Grove, Pa.) carded a 8-over 80 and sits in 31st place overall
- Competing unattached, freshman Lena Schilowsky (Gloggnitz, Austria) moved up to 43rd place with a day-two score of 88
- Sophomore Hailey Cleary (Lexington, S.C.) had to withdraw after posting a career-low 67 in the opening round on Sunday
- Murray State continues to lead the field with a combined score of 591 (+15)
- Limestone enters the final round three strokes back of Morehead State for third place and two back of UAB for fourth place
Limestone will look to make a charge on the final day of the Chris Banister Golf Classic when they tee off third-round action on Tuesday, September 26.
Link to article at www.golimestonesaints.com